FREE SEO Keyword Tool
Find The Best Keywords To Help Your Website Rank For SEO
Enter Keywords To Check UK Search Volume, CPC Cost and Competition:
Tips for SEO Keywords in 2024
If you are looking for tools to help you decide which keywords will work best for your website SEO then Wiser IT are here to help!
The FREE keyword tool on this page is using live data from Google Keyword Planner to establish
- monthly search volumes (number of Google searches per month) for these keywords
- cost per click (CPC) if you were to use Google paid advertising
- competition in terms of how stiff your competition may be to rank for these keywords on Google
Simply type in from 1 to 5 of your chosen keywords or phrases, and you will be returned with the keyword data that could help you decide which keywords will work best for you to help rank your page, post or product on Google.
If a keyword doesn’t seem to have much search volume, try different variations of a similar nature, and be sure to type in terms of what your potential customers would refer to your product or service, not necessarily what you may use internally within your business, as this is a common mistake. Refine the keywords until you have a few keywords or phrases with a relatively high search volume. If you plan to run paid Google ads too, then ensure these are affordable as well as have a lower competition level.
The basic rules for choosing and using good SEO keywords are as follows:
- Target the right keywords. This is one of the most important aspects of SEO. You need to choose keywords that are relevant to your website and that people are searching for. You can use keyword research tools to help you find the right keywords for your site.
- Use the keywords naturally throughout your content. Don’t stuff your keywords into your content in a way that makes it sound unnatural. Instead, use them naturally throughout your writing, crucially including them in your title tags, meta descriptions, headers and even your image ALT tags.
- Use a variety of keywords. Don’t just focus on one or two keywords. Use a variety of short and long-tail keywords to reach a wider audience.
- Use keywords in your anchor text. Anchor text is the visible text that is linked to another page. When you link to another page, make sure to use relevant keywords in the anchor text, these are often called contextual links.
- Build backlinks to your website. Backlinks are links from other websites to your website. These links are like votes of confidence for your website, and they can help you rank higher in SERPs. Ensure these links, where possible also use contextual links for clarity for both the users and for Google to understand the subject matter.
- Track your results. It’s important to track your results so that you can see how your SEO keyword efforts are working. You can use a variety of tools to track your keywords, backlinks, and traffic, such as Google Analytics (GA4).
- Be patient. SEO takes time and effort, so don’t expect to see immediate results even if you have the best keywords and phrases. It can take several months or even years to see significant results from your SEO efforts. But if you’re patient and persistent, and combine keyword choices with other SEO efforts, backlink building, social media and potentially paid advertising you will eventually see results.
By choosing great SEO keywords, and following these rules, you can improve your website’s SEO and rank higher in SERPs. This will help you attract more visitors to your website and achieve your business goals.
Let's Work Together!
Working with companies and agencies on Business Critical Projects, Analysis and Design of Business Solutions and to get the best SEO and leads for our customers. Let’s have a chat today to see how we can help you.